A guy went on craigslist posing as a woman wanting sex. He then got a lot of responses and nude pictures sent to him from a lot of men many of them married which he then publically posted.
I have to scan millions of profiles before they are allowed to post to my dating site and I also know much of the internal workings of other sites. I have found the following.
1. Adult sites have 10 male profiles for every female profile.
2. 30% of female profiles looking for sex are actually men or otherwise fake.
3. another 20% are escorts or intro’s to porn sites
4. Another 20%+ are married couples, or just married cheaters
5. There are a few real women, but not many.
I delete the vast majority of “intimate encounters” uploaded to my site because people have to register to email and use the site I can detect all this crap. Sites like craigslist can not detect this.
Lots of people say this guy is going to get sued or should get sued for publically posting information. One can argue that there is no expecation of privacy, because you know before hand that the chance you are actually talking to a real person is far less then 50%.
I just just amazed that there are enough men aka suckers out there making the sex personals industry a 1 billion dollar+ a year business, several times that of the “online dating” business.